Dr. Folder is a software that search and replace the standard icon of a folder on any other icon. It has a pretty and friendly interface. It is a powerful software and easy to use. You can change icons of folders quickly and freely just by clicking several buttons. So, using Dr Folder can save you lots of time. The most important is that it can make your folders lively and I think others will envy your beautiful folders! While it is possible to customize folder icons without using third-party software, it is a rather cumbersome process, which is one of the reasons most people simply stick to the default Windows directory icon. Dr. Folder makes this task a lot easier, however, as it enables you to process multiple folders at once, and includes a fairly extensive icon collection. What’s more, it allows you to convert PNG, BMP, JPG and GIF images to the ICO format. Customize your folder icons quickly and effortlessly. When you decide to make a certain directory more recognizable, you can launch the application and import it the classic way, but you also have the option of right-clicking it and selecting the Dr. Folder context menu item. Moreover, it is possible to add numerous directories and change all of their icons in one operation. Furthermore, the application can replace the default Windows folder icon with an image of your choice, and you can restore the original one at any time. Use the provided folder icons or import your own. Dr. Folder is bundled with a large number of icons for you to choose from, and they are very well designed. They are split into multiple categories, such as Work, Colors, Stars and Letters, so you can organize your directories in several ways.
Additionally, the application allows you to import your own icons, and they are all saved in a separate category. Convert images to the ICO file format. While you probably have plenty of ideas when it comes to the pictures you want to use as folder icons, they may not be saved to the ICO format. Dr. Folder, however, includes several utilities that enable you to convert PNG, BMP, GIF or BMP files. Overall, Dr. Folder is a nifty application for people who wish to personalize their directory icons but are looking for a more intuitive way to get the job done. It is very easy to use and provides you with an extensive icon collection. Dr. Folder provides an easy and straightforward way of changing the icons of your folders, either on your desktop or in Windows Explorer. All you have to do is point the application at one or more folders and tell it what icons to use. The software provides a few other useful features, which make it an excellent tool to have around.
The application is offered completely free of charge and it can be used on all modern Windows platforms. Its setup file is small and it doesn’t take more than a minute to complete the installation process. Furthermore, there are no special requirements you have to meet and you don’t need to sacrifice too many resources. As previously stated, you only need to target one or more folders and choose what icon to use. The software provides separate options for selecting a single folder or several. The available icons are neatly categorized in the lower part of the user interface, in separate folders.
- Get organized – Prioritize your tasks or indicate process progress with ‘priority’ icons
- Save time on finding file – Put your folders in order in 1 click
- Protect valuable information from accidental removal – Highlight important folders that must not be removed
- Personalize your workspace – Make your folders distinct from other folders, shared with other users on one PC or LAN
Dr. Folder Key Features:
- You have the right to use Dr. Folder in your office
- Dr Folder can change the Network folder icon. So you can customize your LAN
- Dr Folder contains additional icons for office work
- Dr Folder allows you to change the folder icon with the easiest way (Just one mouse click)
- Dr Folder has two additional options for folder icon changes: “Make customized folder distributable” (portable) and “Apply selected icon to all subfolders”
- Dr Folder can mark folders by priority (high, normal, low), by degree of work complete (done, half-done, planned), by work status (approved, rejected, pending) and by the type of the information contained in a folder (work files, important files, temp files, private files).
- Dr Folder can change a folder’s color to normal, dark and light states
- Dr. Folder changes folder icons from within a popup menu of the folders. To change a folder icon, you don’t even need to run the program!
- Dr. Folder’s popup menu contains convenient category submenus.
- Dr. Folder contains a User Icons tab where you can add an unlimited quantity of your favorite icons and mark folders with them. It’s easy!
Title: Dr. Folder
- Developer: YL Software
- License: ShareWare
- Language: Multilingual
- OS: Windows.